One of the most important challenges facing the contemporary scientific world are problems connected with environmental protection. Intensive development of industry and agriculture has led to a rise in living standards on one hand, but an increase in environmental degradation on the other. This degradation poses a direct threat to human health and life. Solving these ever-increasing problems which seriously endanger our civilization require the united efforts of scientists and field researchers of many branches.
The "Polish Journal of Environmental Studies" publishes original papers and critical reviews on the following subjects:
- Basic and applied environmental pollution research, including environmental engineering
- Pollution control of atmospheric, water (marine and fresh), soil and biological materials
- Determination of harmful substances, including their metabolic breakdown patterns
- Analytical methods for metabolic breakdown patterns or other chemical degradation patterns in the environment and in biological samples
- Development of new analytical methods, instruments and techniques for controlling pollutants
- Circulation of pollutants in the environment and their effect on living organisms
- Environmentally oriented catalysis
- Hazards to human health and safety
- Waste utilization and management
- Land reclamation
- Conference reports, scientific and technical reports and book reviews
Assuming such a wide scope of interest, has created an opportunity for experts in different sciences to exchange information and ideas.
Thus, we invite all people who have the problems of environmental protection in their hearts to contribute to our Journal.